Why should your department become a University/Affiliate member of the C.L. Davis-S.W. Thompson Foundation? There are many reasons why universities support the Foundation through their memberships, and here are only a few:
1) By supporting the Foundation, you support pathology and lab animal medicine education around the world. In the last two years, the Foundation has begun an unprecedented electronic outreach program that is unmatched by any other organization in our field. The Foundation is the leading provider of FREE educational resources for veterinary pathologists around the world. In the last year, the Foundation has doubled the images in Noah’s Arkive, which it acquired in 2017, making these images available for students and teachers around the world. The Foundation’s YouTube page contains over 125 hours of lectures from its Faculty and from its courses around the world – and that number continues to grow! Finally, the Foundation has just set up its first virtual slide servers, which we will be stocking with diagnostic cases from our four annual slide seminars.
2) By supporting the Foundation, your faculty and residents get great discounts on Foundation courses. Each year, Foundation university members receive 10-20% off of the tuition for many of our courses – when you combine the Foundation’s high-quality continuing education and low-cost CE credits, that’s a fantastic deal! Most departments make their donation back each year, as their residents save an average of $100 off of each course.
3) As a university member in North America, you also may submit one resident or graduate student for the C.L. Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, presented by a member of your faculty at the annual C.L. Davis Awards Reception at the ACVP meeting. (As a former winner, I remember that moment as the highlight of my pathology training.) Make a moment like that this year for a deserving student!
4) Your institution, as part of its university membership, may also participate in the Foundation’s Training Aids Division, which makes glass slide study sets available to universities in North and South America and the Caribbean on a quarterly rotation.
5) In 2018, the Foundation began the publication of the third edition of the Surgical Pathology of Tumors of Domestic Animals. More than twice the length of the 2nd edition, the new series is all-color and includes not just histology, but immunohistochemistry, molecular pathology and notes on tumor biology and prognosis. Your institution also gets a copy of this the most recently published volume by becoming a member (or renewing your previous membership.)
6) As you probably also know, the Foundation has no endowment, so each year, we must raise the funds necessary to support all of the programs that we mentioned previously. Without the support of our affiliate members, none of this would be possible! All of these are great reasons to support the Foundation, and the easiest way to do this is by becoming an affiliate member for only $550. With an affiliate membership, all of your faculty, residents are covered under one low price. Please fill out the attached form, and fax, mail, or email it to the Foundation, and on behalf of your Foundation, thank you for your patronage and support.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for your support.
Paco Uzal, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Chairman, Board of Directors, Davis-Thompson Foundation
This page is secured with 256 bit encryption